The ‘Outdoor Touch Switch’ is a long-range wireless transmitter for use indoors or outdoors to control your lighting and pumps etc. The battery-powered switch transmits commands to your lighting controllers whenever a button is touched. Its standby power is very low and it will provide several years maintenance free service if good quality alkaline or lithium batteries are used.
The wireless range of the module is up to 1,000 meters line-of-sight but this will be reduced by walls or other obstacles. In all cases, it is strongly recommended that a rangetest is carried out before final installation.
The touch switch power is 3-9Volts and so it is intrinsically safe when installed on its own. However, if the unit is sharing space with other 230V mains circuits then special care should be taken to ensure the two systems remain properly isolated. No part of the mains wiring or earth should be connected to this unit.
MAINS OR BATTERY POWER
Typically, the switch has 1-2yr battery life when powered from batteries, dependant on use. An optional mains power adaptor can be used instead of the batteries, which also enables the back-lighting feature. When using the external power adaptor DO NOT fit batteries. When installed outside, the power adaptor must be protected by an IP rated enclosure.
When the external power adaptor is used the back-lighting feature is automatically enabled. The unit includes a dusk/dawn sensor which will automatically switch the backlight on when dark (under 100 LUX). If preferred, the internal slide-switch can disable the back-lighting feature.